Celebrate Earth Day and take advantage of these dates to encourage Spanish language learning. Here are some suggestions we think might help you.
1. Plant, gardening is a joyful and relaxing family activity. Some vocabulary you can learn is shown on the picture. You can find everything you need in most shops at this season of the year.
2. Walking or bike family day, it is fun and good for the body, it's good for the environment too!
3. Reuse, keep junk materials such as bottles, lids, cans, toilet rolls etc... that can be use to provide endless of fun time for children to be creative.
4. Have fun, while caring for the planet with these fun and catchy Spanish songs, for children: (Si viene de la tierra - CANTICUÉNTICOS
5. Create, make and decorate Earth Day cards or posters using recycled materials. Here is a lovely template you can print out to colour in and decorate:
6. Play games, we all love board games! here is a fun SOPA DE LETRAS - WORD SEARCH in Spanish to learn and review the vocabulary while providing a good time to discuss how we can help take care of our planet. Print it out and have fun!
Have fun with these tips and share with your friends raising bilingual children